|Web Hosting Information|
The Top 15 Essential Ingredients of Every WINDOWS HOSTING Plan Package
First things First. Why would you like to have Windows Based Hosting when there are Linux packages for cheaper rates The answer is – it depends on what application you are looking to use for your hosting. Consider the tools and scripting languages you plan to use – if you use PHP, Perl or MySQL, Linux is the way forward. If apps are Microsoft-specific, then Windows is what you need. Clear…
Now let’s proceed with the essential ingredients of any Windows Hosting Plan.
1. ASP Support – The clear reason why you chose a windows plan is to use Microsoft Specific Languages. Active Server Pages, Microsofts technology to enables HTML pages to be dynamic and interactive by embedding scripts. Check all the windows hosting plans and make sure, the host doesn’t charge for this extra.
2. .NET Support – ASP.net is the next generation of Microsofts Active Server Page ASP, a feature of their Internet Information Server IIS. ASP.net is different from ASP in two major ways: it supports code written in compiled languages like C++, Visual Basic, and Perl, and, it features server controls that can separate the code from the content, allowing WYSIWYG editing of pages. Most of the hosts give this feature free of charge while few charge extra. Go for it if you really need it.
3. CDONTS - CDONTS stands for Collaboration Data Objects for Windows NT Server and it’s a Messaging Component comes along with Windows NT/2000. A windows hosting plan without this is Incomplete. This provides you the easiest solution for your messaging thro’ your website ASP pages, provided you have SMTP support.
4. DATABASES – Microsoft Access 2000 Database is supported by all the windows hosting plans. This will do if you are a starter. For experienced campaigners, MS-Sql is a must have. This is an advanced feature and most of the hosting companies charge extra. The control for the Databases must be provided in the Control Panel. Check that.
5. DATABASE Connection – DSN or DSNless Connections, whatever the case may be, please check if the host has provided the option in the Control Panel to create/manage DSNs. Data Source Name. If DSNs are NOT allowed, ask for the Connection String for DSNless connections.
6. ASP Components – Apart from the default components, there are loads of third party software. Check the list of such components that the host provides. ASP Upload, ASPImage, Dundas Mailer, ASPjpeg, ASPEncrypt are few popular components. At times you may require to have your own components DLLs installed. This is provided by most of the hosts, but after the DLL undergoes a complete test in the server environment. This does not come free.
7. PHP & Coldfusion – ColdFusion is a server-side scripting language web development tool. It uses HTML-like tags called CFML to enable back-end ODBC database connectivity as well as data manipulation and validation within webpages.. This is again an advanced option and NOT every hosting provider provide this. But PHP, Mysql is also bundled with windows hosting plans. Keep an eye on both of these.
8. Control Panel – This is the nucleus of your website. In a Control Panel, popularly known as CP, you can literally do anything. The moment you signup for a Hosting Pack, you must be provided with a CP to manage your webspace.
9. POP3 email Ids & Aliases - email@example.com is an example POP3 ID. You must be provided with ample of POP3 email ids and it depends on the Package size.
10. FTP Account – This is where you upload your files, delete them, update them. This again comes along with the CP.
11. Backup – Most of the Hosts take Automated Backups. But users do not take much care on this while choosing the Hosting Pack. This feature is as essential as anyother in this list.
12. Web Statistics - Analysis of your website visitors plays a key role in the success of your website. Say, your website has been launched and you get NIL Visits or More than 100 Visits per day. Whatever the case may be, you can view the Report using Statistics Application that run in the server backend.
13. Bandwidth – Choose the Hosting Plan that gives enough Bandwidth for your website. Even though you cannot judge at the beginning, as time progresses, you can easily deduct the Bandwidth required.
14. Webmail, SMTP & SPAM – Email becomes key part in your life once you launch the website. Check if the Hosts provide with WEBMAIL mail.yourdomain.com to check your mails thru a web based interface using Squirrelmail or Horde. Corporate Users prefer downloading mails thru Email Clients such as Eudora or Outlook Express. Only if SMTP or IMAP support is enabled you can use this option. Hence check if SMTP support is provided.No email user is free from a spam attack. Hence you need to have Spam Filters installed on the server where your website resides.
15. IP – If your website prefers SSL Support https:// as time grows, makes ure you get a DEDICATED IP. Most of the websites are hosted on shared IPs. Ask your Hosting Provider about the extra charges involved in getting a dedicated IP and SSL Support. Note : For SSL https://, you need to buy a Digital Certificate.
Do write to me with your comments and views. My email : firstname.lastname@example.org
How to find good Web Hosting for your site!
When building your first site the main things that you will probably think about is what types of content you will be adding to your site, how you are going to get visitors to your site and how you are going to generate good revenue from your site.
Earning from PPC Search Engine Affiliate Programs
What are PPC Search Engines
1-800-Get-Rich Can Toll Free 800 Number Domains Pay Off
The toll free number 1-800-Get-Rich belongs to the Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City. Perfect vanity number for a casino, right Well apparently not. Their website shows the actual numbers, 1-800-438-7424 for the marketing department of Resorts Atlantic City. Those NUMBERS are nowhere near as memorable as is the mnemonic device of letters representing those numbers on the telephone keypad. It makes you wonder, did the casino have bad luck no pun intended or receive bad publicity for their 800-Get-Rich phone number
Elements of Web Hosting
When you first start out trying to get a site on the Internet everything seems so confusing. Obtuse acronyms flow freely through the Beginner Friendly information sites and definitions can be hard to come across. The main reason for this is that the Internet and the process of getting a website online is really very simple, and once people get past the first stumbling steps they rarely remember the difficulty they once had, which leads to them being unable to understand the next wave of dot com newbies.
Handling Your Email Addresses
--Company Email Addresses--
8 Ways To Increase Your Affiliate Commission
1 Collect your visitor email addresses by providing free reports.
Dropship Your Way to Success
Many people know they would like to start an Internet business, but they dont have a product to sell. The solution is often drop shipping.
How To Get A Site Online And Have It Making Money
When building and getting a site online you have to think of a number of things. Some of these include the following:
The Basic Facts About Business Web Hosting
There are a number of hosting options, from free to dedicated servers. Let’s spend a few moments and look over the options.
Reseller Web Hosting Defined
What is a DETAGGED domain name We get asked this question regularly.
Get Your Money For Nothing
Youve probably heard them all. You know, the "make $1,000 while you sleep without doing a lick of work" BS pitches. Well, let me tell you, it doesnt happen that way.
7 Key Points to Consider When Choosing a Web Host
With literally thousands of web hosting companies in the industry all vieing for your business, carefully consider these key points to ensure you make the most well informed decision possible.
Ecards as a marketing tool
As any successful businessman will confirm, having a great product or service is just the beginning. After all, in this day and age, everything comes down to marketing. The more creative you are in your marketing efforts, the more successful your business is. There are many ways to promote your business without spending a fortune. In this article I will describe one of the most powerful tools on the Internet – ecards!
Conceptualize, Build and Publish a Web site
Conceptualize, Build and Publish a Web site - Whats required to get started
Internet in Russia and Ukraine - Part 1. General Information and Statistics
Unlimited Wealth Creation Through Reseller Hosting
Web hosting can be an exciting business start up for aspiring entrepreneurs. All you have to do to set up your business is become a hosting reseller, i.e., provide hosting facilities to website owners. Here as a business owner, you are buying space from a big hosting company, and redistributing the hosting space to other website owners.
Web Hosting: To Switch or to Stay
That’s a question that can only be answered by you. Depending on your current status and relationship you have with your provider, along with your evolving business objectives and needs, can determine what course of action to pursue. What are your issues and concerns Ask yourself some basic questions and see where you stand after you’ve answered them. -Are you no longer satisfied with your current provider -Did they deliver on the level of services that you signed up for -Has technical support and customer service been to your satisfaction -Or has your business grown considerably, and the hosting company cannot provide you with the level of capability and technical support you require
9 Poiters for Evaluating a Business Proposal
Finding a business opportunity on the net is easy. But evaluating the right one for you, takes a little knowledge. With so many scams, takers and failed ventures you need a little more than the, "highest dollar for the least amount of work" approach. So what should you look for when evaluating an opportunity Here are 9 pointers.
High Earning Affiliate Is It Possible
Affiliate Program have exploded on the internet. Thousand of people join them every day. Amazon.com is probably the best example of such phenomenal success.If the affiliate program is so popular and so widely available and booming like mushroom...Why do most affiliate have a hard time making$100 per monthAnd some never see have receive a checkIts probably because they are not effective in their marketing campaign or doing noting at all.
|home | site map|
© Safelist Company .com 2005 A Web Traffic Promotions Company
|Web Traffic Promotions||Our Domain Names||Buy Domain Names||Web Traffic Promotions Shop||Monetize Your Website|
||TrafficDx||Email Advertising||Affiliate Marketing||Website Marketing|
|Domain Name||Online Promotion||Targeted Website Traffic||Turnkey Website Solutions||Search Engine Optimization|
|Affiliate Program||Free Website Hits||Web Banner Exchange
||Viral Website Scripts||Email Marketing|
|WebSite Hosting||Hamptons Real Estate||Mortage Calculator||Spyware Info||Traffic Blaster Biz|
|Traffic Jogger||Debt Financing||WebSite Development||WebSite Promotion||Website Directory|
|Web Hosting Reseller||Funny Tshirts||Targeted Website Traffic||Auto Traffic Exchange Script||Web Design|
|Traffic Exchange Script||$4 Per Tshirt Sale||Website Hits||Turnkey Websites||Traffic Cook|
|Mucho Traffic||Traffic Blender||Excessive Traffic||EZ Safelist Submitter||Visitor Flood|
|Internet Cash Matrix||Internet Cash Randomizer||FlyAdsDx||Internet Website Promotions||Exchange Links|